Friday, December 3, 2010

Shit Like This Makes Me Wish I Could Have Skipped High School Altogether

And I mean every word of that.

Apparently today my old high school is going up against some rival I couldn't give two shits about, and as I'm writing this there's an ongoing flame war on the Facebook event page, racial and homosexual slurs abounding. I'm aware I sound pissed, but really I'm just irritated, and slightly ashamed. Yea I didn't like my high school years much, but I can admire the purpose they stood for, to mentally prepare me to face college and the real world.

Somehow I had higher expectations for the classes below mine, but then again I set them pretty high anyway. I quite frankly thought my old high school was better than cyber trash talking and parking lot brawl mongering. It really is too bad, I have a pretty good friend from the rival school, and he's an awesome guy. It shouldn't matter where you go to school, the point is that you learn responsibility for your own education and your choices, because in college no one's going to babysit you. You are wholly on your own, and the universe help you if you tried to stoop to that level on a university campus. They aren't as forgiving as high schools.

I'm not going to sit here and preach, mostly because it's not going to change anything anyway. The wee little kiddies are gonna sit there on the internet and scream obscenities at each other, and at the end of tonight I expect that page will blow up with comments from whichever side won. Congratu-fucking-lations guys, I hope you're satisfied with typing shit that you would probably never have the balls to say to someone's face.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: