Saturday, December 4, 2010

AdventureTime in College: Cult of the Computer Nerds

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending my first offical Local Area Network (LAN) party, hosted by the Computer Science department. Mishka and I have hardwired our computers together to play Battle for Middle Earth before, but this was my first ever 15+ multi-player game. Tonight's entertainment was Urban Terror, similar to Counter Strike but not quite. A nicely rendered Real Time Strategy (RTS) first-person shooter, the goal is run around and shoot people, obviously. Though I sucked in the beginning, I did manage to take 4th place in one round, and I was rather proud of myself.

At the end of the day I had a really good time. The room was alive with bantering and exclamations over who shot who. I'm honestly surprised security didn't come kick us out; the room's basement location must have lent some advantage, or they just figured we wouldn't do anything malicious outside of our game. Mishka and I have been invited back for future events. I feel like I've joined a secret cult, and it's exhilarating...




Share/Bookmark

0 comments: