Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Honey...I'm Bored. I Want a Divorce."


Every now and again I like to pick up the Wall Street Journal and peruse it, not only because it warms my dad's heart to see me reading it but also because I'm rather drawn to the Personal Journal section.

Last week there was an article on Al and Tipper Gore's divorce after 40 years. It suggested that they broke up not because of infidelity or political corruption or a personal tragedy, but rather because one or both parties got bored. Back in the 60s and 70s, the average life expectancy was between 40 and 50 years of age, after the kids had flown the nest. The chances of dying first were higher than the chances of getting a divorce. Now with inventions such as oxygen tanks, successful organ transplants and life support, we're living longer and apparently still feeling frisky in our 60s.

I can't say much because I've never been married, but I'd like to think the point of getting married is to literally share yourself exclusively with another human being...for life, barring situations that include cheating, family tragedy, death, etc.

I guess now the question becomes: Should boredom be an acceptable reason to end a marriage?





Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

COMMENT said...

All thanks to this great man called Dr Agbazara the great spell caster that bring back the joy in me by helping me to bring back my lover who break up with me Four months ago but now with me with the help of Dr Agbazara the great love spell caster. All thanks goes to him you can also contact him for help if you need him in times of troubles via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) you can also WhatsApp on this Number +2348104102662