Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mass Exodus: Facebook Edition



This past week on Facebook I noticed a peculiar trend. Every time I checked my profile, the friend list count fluctuated, either dropping one and gaining two, or dropping three and and gaining one. This is nothing new to me, this has been going on for several months now. This week, however, it decidedly plummeted and has since remained steady.

To be honest, I can't say this is terribly upsetting. From what I've figured out, many of those who decided to cast me off are people I didn't talk to often, if at all. Still, I entertained the fleeting question only briefly: Why? Weirded out by my nerdiness? Extremely possible. Plagued by postings from this blog? Also possible, fleeing is a typical reaction from consistent literacy. Thought they were too "cool" for me? -dingdingding- The winner, with a whopping most likely.

My overall evaluation of the situation? Pfft, whatever. There's a 99.9999% chance they weren't really my "friend" at all. They did me a favor by identifying themselves now, saving me the trouble of doing it later.


damn


Humans are a curious thing indeed.



Share/Bookmark

0 comments: