Monday, January 10, 2011

Exposed! Winter Break: What Really Happened

A few posts back I made a list of things I wanted to do over winter break, with no restrictions whatsoever. Naturally, most of it didn't really happen, but I still have a week left to go so there's still some hope. Snapping back to reality though, this is what I really did so far....

Little Kids Again
I had my friends over for a birthday gathering last week. It was a 90s throwback, and Mishka and my sissy from another missy graciously agreed to help me set up the house. Without them I never would have been able to do all of it myself. We coated the entire first floor with 90s stuff, like Beanie Babies and Pokemon pictures. I even managed to scrounge up an N64 and a Wii (not very 90s but we barely used it anyway). We ended up playing Apples to Apples, Super Smash Bros. and towards the end we trolled the trolls on Chatroulette. We had one of my friends stuff two balloons up his shirt, and when he sat back it looked like a girl with a very ample bosom...at least until he leaned forward. There were some pretty spectacular reactions, most notably at the end when he popped the balloons with a toothpick. In all I think it's reasonable to say that everyone had a good time.


King George VI Had A Dirty Mouth
One of the more memorable movies I saw this break was "The King's Speech," which illustrated the story of how King George VI formed a relationship with his speech therapist, and by use of rather unorthodox techniques, overcame his crippling stammer. One of my favourite parts was when Lionel realized that Bertie didn't stammer when he swore, so he had him go on a swearing rampage. I was in tears watching the future King of England cuss like a sailor. In all it was a spectacular movie, and if you have the chance I would highly recommend it.













"Make new friends, but keep the old..."
So far I've had ample amounts of time to catch up with my friends back in my neck of the woods. We've ice-skated, gone to movies, bowling and visited our favourite coffee house. We even managed to catch up with Dave, our patriarch. He read our cards again, and I was pleased to see that my reading changed noticeably from last time, but I'll save that for another post.


Overall it's been a very decent break, but I still have one more week to wreak some havoc...


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: